|Minnesota (Carver County), Chaska — Brinkhaus Livery Stable|
has been placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Brinkhaus Livery Stable
1890 — Map (db m59555) HM|
|Minnesota (Carver County), Chaska — City Square Park|
City Square Park
City Square in Chaska has always been a gathering place and the heart of this community. The land was set aside for public purpose in 1852 in the original plat. Early settlers in Chaska found six earthen mounds on this site built by persons known as the Mound Builders, who preceded the Dakota Indians. Originally there were six circular mounds variously thought to be for protection, burial, or worship. Some were removed in creating streets, but the remainder of these . . . — Map (db m63707) HM|
|Minnesota (Carver County), Chaska — Jonathan in Chaska|
|This silo marks the site of the Christian Bender farm, homesteaded in 1854. George Bender, grandson of Christian, sold the farm to Henry McKnight in 1963. This was the first farm to become part of Jonathan.
Dedicated October 13, 2001 — Map (db m60394) HM|
|Minnesota (Carver County), Chaska — CR-CKC-057 — Little Rapids Fur Post|
|By 1804 Jean B. Faribault was trading in furs for the Northwest Company near the "Little Rapids" of the Minnesota River, 5 miles south of this point, and in this vicinity. His fur post of 1824 on the site of Chaska became the nucleus for the first Catholic mission in Carver County under Father Ravous.
[Seals of the Minnesota Department of Highways and the Minnesota Historical Society] — Map (db m41051) HM|