|New Jersey (Bergen County), Tenafly — British & Hessian Invasion|
|Route of the 1776 British & Hessian invasion. — Map (db m43909) HM|
|New Jersey (Bergen County), Tenafly — 115 — Everett – Dunn House|
|Built about 1867 for the Charles J. Everett family, this house was designed by famous architect Richard Morris Hunt in the Swiss Chalet style. Everett was noted as an inventor. In 1919 it became the home of Harvey Dunn, a prominent artist whose studio was nearby. Both Everett and Dunn were active in Tenafly civic affairs. The house has been enlarged and remodeled over the years. — Map (db m7484) HM|
|New Jersey (Bergen County), Tenafly — 56 — Roelof Westervelt House|
|This house is a fine example of Dutch Colonial architecture. The south wing of the house was built by Roelof Westervelt in 1745. The land had been purchased by his grandfather, in 1695, from the Lord Proprietores of East Jersey. The central section of the house was completed around 1798, and the north wing was added in 1825. Ownership of the house remained in the Westervelt family until 1923. Listed by Historic American Buildings Survey, New Jersey 9.
Sponsored by the Mayor and Council of Tenafly in 1965. — Map (db m7210) HM|
|New Jersey (Bergen County), Tenafly — 55 — The Christie-Parsels House|
|Stands on land purchased by William P. Christie for 500 pounds for 100 acres. In 1804 he built his home. Following his sudden death, in order to be fair to the many heirs, the house and the land were sold at auction to three buyers. In 1836 Samuel Parsels erected the large wing east of the Christie House. In 1860 he sold his property to Charles Newcomb. This example of an early split-level house is listed by the Historic American Buildings Survey, New Jersey, 470.
Sponsored by the Tenafly Mayor and Council in 1965. — Map (db m7209) HM|
|New Jersey (Bergen County), Tenafly — The Tenafly Railroad Station|
|Built in 1872 when George Huyler donated the land and a third of the cost. Residents and the Northern Railroad of New Jersey shared equally in the balance. Designed in High Victorian Gothic by Architect Daniel T. Atwood, the station opened in 1874 serving rail and later trolley passengers. Acquired in 1963 by the borough, restored with funds from the New Jersey Historic Trust and Tenafly in 1994, the station is once more a town focal point.
In National and State Registers of Historic . . . — Map (db m7211) HM|