Pascagoula in Jackson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Jackson County WWII Memorial
December 8, 1941 – August 14, 1945
the courageous men and women
of Jackson County, Mississippi,
who fought in World War II
for the democratic ideals
which we hold so dear.
Erected by Business Girl's Club, Inc. Jackson County, Mississippi.
Location. 30° 22.805′ N, 88° 33.478′ W. Marker is in Pascagoula, Mississippi, in Jackson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fort Street and Hickory Street. Touch for map. Located with the Old Spanish Fort, also known as the LaPointe-Krebs House. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4602 Fort Street, Pascagoula MS 39567, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Krebs Cotton Gin (a few steps from this marker); Mississippi (within shouting distance of this marker); Round Island Lighthouse (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Round Island Lighthouse (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pascagoula Street Railroad and Power Company (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Round Island Lighthouse (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pascagoula Fire Fighters (approx. 0.9 miles away); Scranton's (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pascagoula.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 26, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.