Dublin in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
A chief of the Wyandot Tribe of Indians.
Was executed on this spot, June 1, 1810.
Erected 1889 by Wyandot Club of Columbus, Ohio.
Location. 40° 8.406′ N, 83° 7.107′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Riverside Drive (Ohio Route 257) and Stratford Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Riverside Drive. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in a small park, bordered by a stone fence enclosure, located on the southeast corner of the nearby street intersection. The site of the historical marker is on a ridge that overlooks the Scioto River that is located along the opposite side of Riverside Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Dublin OH 43016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Polish Patriot Thaddeus Kosciusko (approx. half a mile away); Grand Carousel (approx. 1.2 miles away); Jack Nicklaus (approx. 2 miles away); Dublin Veterans Park (approx. 2.6 miles away); Indian Run Cemetery (approx. 2.6 miles away); Powell WW I Memorial History of Dublinís Town Pump (approx. 2.8 miles away); Dublin Veterans Memorial (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dublin.
Additional keywords. Leatherlips Yacht Club -name after this Indian Chief, is located about a mile Northwest over the OShaunassy Dam on the West side of the river.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,127 times since then and 118 times this year. Last updated on May 7, 2017, by Moe Gingerich of Waxhaw, North Carolina. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.