Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Waterford in Washington County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Peninsula

 
 
The Peninsula Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, April 23, 2017
1. The Peninsula Marker
Inscription. Waterford Township was organized in 1790. The “Donation Grant” of 1792 to Rufus Putnam stipulated the “Peninsula” was to be the community of Waterford. It was laid out in 3 acre lots, first owned by the Devol Family and later sold to Robert and Samuel Leget in 1829.
 
Location. 39° 32.601′ N, 81° 38.58′ W. Marker is in Waterford, Ohio, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Milner Road (Local Route 102) and Leget Street (Local Road T1150) on Milner Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waterford OH 45786, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Buckeye Belle Explosion (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Frye (approx. 0.8 miles away); Big Bottom Massacre (approx. 7.3 miles away); Fortified Settlement (approx. 7.4 miles away); Lowell Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away); Covered Bridges (approx. 7.4 miles away); Two Riverboat Pilots (approx. 7.7 miles away); Underground Railroad (approx. 7.8 miles away).
 
Categories. Political SubdivisionsSettlements & Settlers
 
The Peninsula Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, April 23, 2017
2. The Peninsula Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 159 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.
Paid Advertisement