Freeport in Nassau County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The First Public School in Freeport
public school in Freeport
Mr. John Rankin had the honor of being the first teacher to teach in this village
Community Service Committee Freeport Exchange Club
Erected 1932 by Community Service Committee, Freeport Exchange Club.
Location. 40° 39.415′ N, 73° 34.977′ W. Marker is in Freeport, New York, in Nassau County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Freeport NY 11520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trubia Rifle (here, next to this marker); Freeport Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Freeport Methodist Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Village Hall - 1928 (approx. ¼ mile away); Exempt Firehouse (approx. Bennington Park (approx. half a mile away); Water and Power (approx. half a mile away); Kelby House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Freeport.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 77 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.