Royal Navy Dockyard in Sandys Parish, Dockyards, Bermuda
North Rock Beacon
In 1912 a beacon was erected on North Rock as a warning to navigators and this has been rebuilt on two occasions in 1960 and 1990.
The lattice tower in the foundation is the 1960 beacon.
“Beacon the raging foam that draws upon the reef.
No man should mock, nor wild and treacherous wave
ignore the mean existence of North Rock.”
Location. 32° 19.563′ N, 64° 50.1′ W. Marker is in Royal Navy Dockyard, Dockyards, in Sandys Parish. Marker is on Camber Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Great Western Storehouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Victualling Yard (about 240 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Broad Arrow (about 240 meters away); John Till (approx. 16 kilometers away in St George’s); First Government House (approx. 16 kilometers away in St George’s); Midshipman Richard Sutherland Dale Thomas Moore (approx. 16.2 kilometers away in St George’s); Settlement of Bermuda (approx. 16.2 kilometers away in St George’s). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Royal Navy Dockyard.
Categories. • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 21, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.