Troy in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
170 Year Old Building of Used Material
—Recycling in the Nineteenth Century —
out of the brick of the first Miami
County Courthouse, which was located
on the Public Square and razed in 1845
Location. 40° 2.425′ N, 84° 12.327′ W. Marker is in Troy, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is on West Main Street (Ohio Route 41) near South Plum Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is directly across the street from the Miami County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 W Main St, Troy OH 45373, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sheriff’s House and Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Courthouses and Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Miami County War Quota Plaque (within shouting distance of this marker); Troy's Public Square & Third Courthouse (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Overfield Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Engine Storage Location (approx. ¼ mile away); Rose Hill Cemetery 1849 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Troy Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Troy.
Categories. • Architecture • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.