St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
St. Andrew's was the first Presbyterian congregation in Carleton County and was served primarily by itinerant preachers until the 1840's. A wooden church was constructed on this site in 1847 and replaced by the present brick church and spire in 1884. The church has several Gothic Revival features: its arched windows, its entrance, and its three-bay facade. Over the years it has continued to be a hub of religious and social activity for Presbyterians in the village and surrounding farms.
Erected 2010 by The Goulbourn Township Historical Society.
Location. 45° 11.462′ N, 75° 50.073′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Ontario, in Carleton County. Marker is on McBean Street just south of Martin Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3529 McBean Street, Richmond, Ontario K0A 2Z0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Loyal Orange Lodge #151 (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); War Memorial Cenotaph (approx. half a kilometer away); County of Carleton/Richmond Agricultural Society (approx. half a kilometer away); Richmond Military Settlement
Also see . . .
1. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church: Our History. (Submitted on November 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of Richmond at The Goulbourn Township Historical Society. (Submitted on November 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.