Idaho City in Boise County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
George Kettler's Blacksmith Shop
Originally George Kettler’s Blacksmith Shop with ox and horseshoeing sheds on both sides.
In more recent years it was owned by Tom and Florence Adams. From 1948 – 1975 they published the “Idaho Mountaineer” newspaper and the “Idaho World” until 1976.
Thanks to the efforts of young Sam Arron who helped the aging Mrs. Adams restore the building using the trade of joinery “post and beam” construction, the original building was saved.
Location. 43° 49.614′ N, 115° 49.983′ W. Marker is in Idaho City, Idaho, in Boise County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and East Walulla Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located on horseshoeing shed attached to the subject building. Marker is in this post office area: Idaho City ID 83631, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Idaho World (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Boise County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Idaho City (approx. 1.4 miles away); Grimes' Creek (approx. 9.1 miles away); The Old Toll Road (approx. 15.9 miles away).
More about this marker.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 18, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.