St. Francisville in West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Site of 1855 structure damaged by Federal gunboats.
Erected 1976 by American Revolution Bicentennial.
Location. 30° 46.526′ N, 91° 23.189′ W. Marker is in St. Francisville, Louisiana, in West Feliciana Parish. Marker is on Ferdinand Street (State Highway 1263) east of Royal Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Francisville LA 70775, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. British West Florida (a few steps from this marker); Grace Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Republic of West Florida (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Burying Ground (about 300 feet away); Propinquity (about 300 feet away); The "St. Francisville Democrat" (about 400 feet away); Bayou Sara (approx. 0.2 miles away); Our Caboose (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Francisville.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 122 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 22, 2017. 3. submitted on November 22, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.