St. Augustine in Saint Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
British Colonial Period, Built ca. 1782
Erected by City of St. Augustine.
Location. 29° 53.203′ N, 81° 18.559′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in Saint Johns County. Marker is on Marine Street 0.1 miles south of St. Francis Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Major Dade and His Command Monuments (within shouting distance of this marker); Dade Pyramids St. Francis Barracks (about 500 feet away); Tovar House (about 500 feet away); González-Alvarez House (about 500 feet away); Four Centuries----Five Flags (about 500 feet away); Gonzalez-Alvarez House (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Tovar House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Categories. • Architecture • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.