Newark in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
On this site stood the home of
Joseph Miller who founded
Newark in 1819 and built
local section of Erie Canal Ca. 1822.
Erected 2016 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 320.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Erie Canal, and the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 43° 2.747′ N, 77° 5.765′ W. Marker is in Newark, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of West Miller Street and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on West Miller Street. Touch for map. Marker is a few hundred feet west of the intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 West Miller Street, Newark NY 14513, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arcadia War Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Memory of Those from This Community (about 600 feet away); Mora Motor Car (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Lockville Locks in Newark (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lockville (approx. 0.8 miles away); Rear Admiral Leslie E. Gehres A Vast Enterprise (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Fox Sisters (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 23, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 23, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.