Madisonville in Madison County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created January 21, 1853 Organized April 4, 1853
Named in honor of
"Father of the Constitution"
Fourth President of the United States
County seat, Madisonville.
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 11258.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 57.62′ N, 95° 54.944′ W. Marker is in Madisonville, Texas, in Madison County. Marker is on North May Street (State Highway 75), on the right when traveling north. Marker is located in the parking lot of the TXDOT Madisonville Maintenance Facility. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 910 North May Street, Madisonville TX 77864, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Truman Kimbro (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Baptist Church of Madisonville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Jubal Richard Parten (approx. one mile away); Wilson Chapel Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); El Camino Real (approx. 12.7 miles away); Site of the First Court House Built in Leon County (approx. 13.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Madison County - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
More. Search the internet for Madison County.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.