Sulphur Springs in Hopkins County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Union Stockade
(½ Block W)
Erected 1979 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7332.)
Location. 33° 8.294′ N, 95° 36.219′ W. Marker is in Sulphur Springs, Texas, in Hopkins County. Marker is on Connally Street east of J V Alley, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 Connally Street, Sulphur Springs TX 75482, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. City National Bank (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hopkins County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home County of Texas Confederate General W. H. King / Texas in the Civil War Hopkins County Echo-Daily News-Telegram (approx. ¼ mile away); Sulphur Springs Volunteer Fire Department and Fire Bell of 1889 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Townsite of Tarrant (approx. 4.3 miles away); Historic Roadside Park (approx. 7.4 miles away); Confederate Refugees in Texas, C. S. A. (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sulphur Springs.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 5, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.