Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Evangelical Free Church

 
 
Evangelical Free Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Evangelical Free Church Marker
Inscription. Swedish immigrant settlers in Williamson County met together in homes for worship services as early as 1884. In 1891 this congregation was organized in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Sven Peterson by 21 charter members. Known as Brushy Evangelical Free Church, the congregation built a sanctuary in 1892 on land southeast of Georgetown donated by C.J. Gustafson. This Georgetown site was acquired in 1960, and a new sanctuary was dedicated in 1963. This church has been part of Williamson County history for nearly a century.
 
Erected 1988 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13925.)
 
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 30° 38.015′ N, 97° 39.764′ W. Marker was in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 1322 East University Avenue, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Southwestern University (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Woman’s Club of Georgetown (approx. ¼ mile away); Easley Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Southwestern University Main Building (approx.
Evangelical Free Church image. Click for full size.
June 8, 2007
2. Evangelical Free Church
0.3 miles away); Judge Harry N. Graves (approx. 0.3 miles away); Iota Chapter (approx. 0.3 miles away); Amos-Godbey House (approx. 0.3 miles away); XI Chapter Kappa Alpha Order (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
Evangelical Free Church Missing Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 7, 2018
3. Evangelical Free Church Missing Marker
The marker was located in front of the building between the windows. The Evangelical Free Church closed on April 7, 2013 and is now a Universal Unitarian church.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 998 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on July 8, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos:   1. submitted on October 30, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   2. submitted on April 2, 2008, by Matt Gholson of Houston, Texas.   3. submitted on July 8, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.