John B. Franke
1866 – 1927
(Ft. Wayne Chamber of Commerce – Jan. 7, 2927)
J.B. Franke dedicated his lift to service of others. He donated 80 acres to the City of Fort Wayne, which is now known as Franke park. Mr. Franke was a charter member of the Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce and donated his time and energy to many civic enterprises in the community.
Mr. Franke was one of the most active and influential members of the Trinity English Evangelical Lutheran Church. He was instrumental in acquiring the architect for the construction of this beautiful church. As a lover of music, he donated the pipe organ to the new congregation.
J.B. Franke was a man of vision and high energy. He started his business career in Kendallville as a bookkeeper. At age 35 he founded Perfection Biscuit Co., which experienced rapid success. His knowledge of nutrition and healthful living was far advanced for his time.
His commitment to service his community and neighbors is inspirational. As Perfection Bakeries Inc., celebrates one hundred years of family ownership, this monument is dedicated to the memory of
Location. 41° 4.792′ N, 85° 8.71′ W. Marker is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in Allen County. Marker is on Ewing Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Wayne IN 46802, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Miamis (approx. 0.3 miles away); The First French Fort / The First Playground in Fort Wayne (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Canal House (approx. 0.3 miles away); The First Police Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); Journal Gazette Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Major General Anthony Wayne (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Aqueduct Club Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Flood Retention Walls (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Wayne.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
More. Search the internet for John B. Franke.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 10, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.