Shippensburg in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Original Site of the German Reformed and Lutheran Congregations
1775 -- 1812
Dedicated May 23, 1976
Location. 40° 3.201′ N, 77° 30.686′ W. Marker is in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of Queen Street and Orange Street, on the right when traveling south on Queen Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shippensburg PA 17257, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Morris (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Court House (about 600 feet away); The Ones He Left Behind: The Widow and Children of Jacob Agle (about 600 feet away); Locust Grove Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Shippensburg (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Shippensburg (approx. half a mile away); Lifeline of the Valley: The Cumberland Valley Railroad (approx. half a mile away); Occupation of Shippensburg (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shippensburg.
Also see . . . German Reformed Church (Shippensburg PA) Records at Historical Society of PA. (Submitted on July 12, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 12, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.