Craigmont in Lewis County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Vollmer began as a rail and business center on the east, and Ilo (an older town a mile away) moved to an adjacent site on the west. Each had separate schools, churches, stores, newspapers, banks, and other businesses. After 12 years of sharp competition, they finally merged into an united community in 1920.
Erected by Idaho Department of Transportation. (Marker Number 331.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 46° 13.896′ N, 116° 27.756′ W. Marker is in Craigmont, Idaho, in Lewis County. Marker is on U.S. 95 at milepost 272 near Business U.S. 95, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Craigmont ID 83523, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Craigmont (approx. 0.7 miles away); Railroad Trestles Lawyer's Canyon (approx. 3.1 miles away); Lewis and Clark (approx. 3.1 miles away); Railroad Tunnels (approx. 9˝ miles away).
More about this marker. This marker is a duplicate of a marker located in the City Park.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 53 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.