Near Cataldo in Kootenai County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
E.S. Glover in his diary of 1875 states that the huts are nearly all a square pen roofed over with "shakes,: a door mat nearly two feet above the ground to prevent pigs from coming in and a stone fireplace at the other end. This village was located on the north slope facing upwards toward the church.
Erected by Idaho State Parks and Recreation.
Location. 47° 32.994′ N, 116° 21.42′ W. Marker is near Cataldo, Idaho, in Kootenai County. Marker can be reached from South Mission Road near Interstate 90. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31732 South Mission Road, Cataldo ID 83810, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Main Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Mullan Military Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Dug-Out Canoe (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Mission Bell (about 500 feet away); Old Mission Mission Landing (about 600 feet away); Old Mission of the Sacred Heart (about 600 feet away); Parsonage House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cataldo.
More about this marker. This marker is found on the grounds of Old Mission State Park, located off of Interstate 90, exit 40.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.