Mammoth Hot Springs in Park County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
A Sense of Community
The last of the structures built by the Army (1913), the chapel added a "finishing touch" to the Fort and was considered by far its most beautiful structure. In 1914, Katherine Percy Edmunds and Captain Albert Ady King of the First U.S. Cavalry were the first couple to be married here.
In the decades since, the chapel has continued to serve the community. Thoughtful design has given it a timeless slendor that complements this wilderness setting.
Chapel Interior, 1971 - Local stone - Built at a cost of $23,000
Location. Marker has been reported permanently removed. It was located near 44° 58.392′ N, 110° 41.924′ W. Marker was in Mammoth Hot Springs, Wyoming, in Park County. Marker was on Grand Loop Road - Upper Loop 0.2 miles south of Grand Loop Road - Lower Loop & North Entrance Road, on the left when Touch for map. Located about 130 feet southeast of where Grand Loop Road - Upper Loop and an unnamed roadway meet. Marker was in this post office area: Yellowstone National Park WY 82190, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. A different marker also named A Sense of Community (within shouting distance of this marker); Guard Duty (within shouting distance of this marker); Yellowstone National Park Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); At Guard (was about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported permanently removed. ); Crime in Wonderland (about 400 feet away); A Most Fortunate Thing... (was about 400 feet away but has been reported permanently removed. ); A Soldier’s Life (about 800 feet away); A Good Duty Station (was approx. 0.2 miles away but has been reported permanently removed. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mammoth Hot Springs.
More about this marker. This marker has been removed and replaced with a new marker nearby called A Sense of Community.
Regarding A Sense of Community. The chapel described on this marker is actually about 300 feet southeast of where this sign sits, also along Grand Loop Road - Upper Loop. The
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 15, 2011, by Rich Pfingsten of Forest Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 663 times since then and 36 times this year. Last updated on September 11, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 15, 2011, by Rich Pfingsten of Forest Hill, Maryland. 3. submitted on January 16, 2011, by Rich Pfingsten of Forest Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.