West Jordan in Salt Lake County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
West Jordan Settlement
Building On Our Heritage
—Cooper's Store 1888 —
West Jordan incorporated as a town in 1941 and was advanced to city status in 1967. West Jordan remained a rural community until the 1970's. Rapid residential and industrial growth since that time have placed West Jordan as Utah’s seventh largest city.
Location. 40° 36.551′ N, 111° 55.456′ W. Marker is in West Jordan, Utah, in Salt Lake County. Marker can be reached from 7800 South. Touch for map. Marker is on 7800 South, on the right when traveling west. It is near a monument to the Gardners: Builders of the West on a short sidewalk trail. It is just west of the Historic Gardner Village
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. North Jordan Canal (a few steps from this marker); West Jordan Industry (a few steps from this marker); West Jordan (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); West Jordan Pioneer Church (about 500 feet away); Utah Idaho Sugar Factory (approx. one mile away); Salt Lake and Utah Railroad (approx. one mile away); The Old School House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Mingo Smelter (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Jordan.
Additional keywords. West Jordan, Mormon Pioneers
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 10, 2010, by Jack Duffy of West Jordan, Utah. This page has been viewed 757 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on September 20, 2018, by Andrew Johnson of Salt Lake City, Utah. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2018, by Andrew Johnson of Salt Lake City, Utah. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.