Old Camp Ground Cemetery
Established in the 1820's
A memorial to the pioneers of Sugartown (early outpost of Southwest Louisiana), whose courage and fortitude helped subdue the historic "Neutral Territory" of the Sabine-Rio Hondo Strip, claimed and contended for by four nations - France, Spain, Mexico and the United States.
Donated by the Louisiana Conference of The Methodist Church to Old Camp Ground Cemetery Association Inc. as a cemetery, park and historical monument.
Erected by Louisiana Conference of The Methodist Church to Old Camp Ground Cemetery Association, Inc.
Location. 30° 49.448′ N, 92° 59.895′ W. Marker is in Sugartown, Louisiana, in Beauregard Parish. Marker is on Old Camp Ground Cemetery Road one mile east of Pentecostal Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sugartown LA 70662, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Talbert-Pierson Cemetery (approx. 5˝ miles away); Old Confederate Military Road (approx. 8.9 miles away); Shady Grove School/Community Building (approx. 10.6 miles away); SSG Timothy Bruce Cole, Jr. - Bronze Star with Valor
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 14, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 36 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 14, 2018.