Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New Castle Hall
The dormitory was constructed with state funding in 1925, in response to the expansion of the Women's College of Delaware. Three temporary wooden residence halls also were moved to the campus in 1920 — dubbed Topsy, Turvey and Boletus — to house women. These were demolished in 1957 when Squire Hall was completed.
New Castle Residence Hall is one of the oldest buildings on the south lawn of The Green.
Erected by University of Delaware.
Location. 39° 40.593′ N, 75° 45.102′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is on The Green north of East Park Place, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 271 The Green, Newark DE 19716, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kent Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Winifred J. Robinson (1867-1962) (within shouting distance of this marker); Annie Jump Cannon (1863-1941) (within shouting distance of this marker); Sussex Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); The Magnolia Circle (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Squire Hall (about 400 feet away); Emalea Pusey Warner (1853-1948) (about 400 feet away); Laurel Hall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Education • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 16, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 16, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.