Brownsville in Cameron County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built 1893-1894 for Henry M. Field, the commercial and residential complex covers half a block. The two-story gallery, spindle cornice and railings indicate that the building is a mix of Border Brick style and French Creole architecture. The complex includes former servants’ quarters, a carriage house and an upholstery shop. In 1919 Andres Pacheco purchased the building for his hide and wholesale farm tool distribution business.
Erected by Brownsville Historical Association.
Location. 25° 54.295′ N, 97° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1049 East Monroe Street, Brownsville TX 78520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Field-Pacheco Complex (here, next to this marker); Campo Santo Viejo (within shouting distance of this marker); 1912 Cameron County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Cameron County (within shouting distance of this marker); La Madrileña (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Cameron County Courthouse/Dancy Building (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named La Madrileña (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named La Madrileña (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brownsville.
Regarding Field/Pacheco Complex. Marker is in the Brownsville Historical Trail series.
Also see . . . Field-Pacheco complex. Time-lapse sequence video of historic photographs. (Submitted on March 18, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Architecture • Hispanic Americans • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
More. Search the internet for Field/Pacheco Complex .
Credits. This page was last revised on March 18, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 17, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 69 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 18, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.