Panna Maria in Karnes County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Joseph's School
Since 1855, classes had been held in various sites. This was the first school building in the colony at Panna Maria. Teachers lived upstairs and classes were held on the ground floor.
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4459.)
Location. 28° 57.41′ N, 97° 53.836′ W. Marker is in Panna Maria, Texas, in Karnes County. Marker is on County Road 382 south of Farm to Market Road 81, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Panna Maria TX 78144, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Immaculate Conception Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Town of Panna Maria (about 400 feet away); Panna Maria, Texas (about 400 feet away); Pilarczyk Store (about 500 feet away); First Store in Panna Maria Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church (approx. 4.3 miles away); El Fuerte del Cibolo (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Panna Maria.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.