Engelbert Fries and Wilhelm Höpﬂinger
On May 15, 1890, Engelbert Fries and Wilhelm Höpflinger set up their first workshop in this building, in which they produced steel bearings until 1892. From this came the the firm of Fries and Höpflinger, known worldwide for its technological developments and precision products, which were exported worldwide and made Schweinfurt proud.
Location. 50° 2.732′ N, 10° 13.787′ E. Marker is in Schweinfurt, Bavaria. Marker is on Am Zeughaus just west of Bauerngasse, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Am Zeughaus 7, Schweinfurt, Bavaria 97421, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Martin Luther (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Professor Theodor Fischer (about
Also see . . . Fries & Höpflinger (Wikipedia, in German). "Fries & Höpflinger AG was a roller bearing manufacturing company in Schweinfurt and was one of the world's leading companies in this sector. The company was founded in 1890, was one of the Big Three in Schweinfurt and was taken over in 1929 by the SKF Group." (Submitted on April 19, 2019.)
Additional keywords. Gedenktafel
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 19, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 39 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 19, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.