Cuero in DeWitt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
De Witt County Courthouse
Erected 1966 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1191.)
Location. 29° 5.514′ N, 97° 17.332′ W. Marker is in Cuero, Texas, in DeWitt County. Marker is on North Gonzales Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 307 North Gonzales Street, Cuero TX 77954, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Old Chisholm Trail Centennial Monument (here, next to this marker); General August C. Buchel (within shouting distance of this marker); First United Methodist Church of Cuero (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church of Cuero (about 500 feet away); James Norman Smith (about 500 feet away); Grace Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); St. Michael's Catholic Church (about 700 feet away); Knights of Pythias Hall, Jewel Lodge No. 103 (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cuero.
More about this marker. This marker was originally placed when the building was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 1966. The marker text was revised after the courthouse received a full restoration in 2007.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for De Witt County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 25, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 24, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 24, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.