Spartanburg in Spartanburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Spartanburg Methodist College
Erected 1988 by David E. Camak Society. (Marker Number 42-15.)
Location. 34° 57.309′ N, 81° 56.736′ W. Marker is in Spartanburg, South Carolina, in Spartanburg County. Marker is at the intersection of Farley Street and Brawley Street, on the right when traveling west on Farley Street. Touch for map. The address of the church is 570 Brawley Street. However, the marker is located in front of the church on Farley Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 570 Brawley Street, Spartanburg, SC, 29303, Spartanburg SC 29303, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Jesse F. Cleveland Junior High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Evins-Bivings House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wofford College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Grave of William Walker / Magnolia Cemetery Jesse Cleveland (approx. half a mile away); Central Methodist Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Arthur Prysock / Ira Tucker (approx. ¾ mile away); Cantrell Wagon Building (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Spartanburg.
Regarding Spartanburg Methodist College. Spartanburg Methodist College is currently located at 1000 Powell Mill Road. Duncan Memorial Methodist Church closed not long ago due to dwindling membership. The church now goes by another name and most of the former members started attending nearby Central United Methodist Church in Spartanburg.
Also see . . .
1. Spartanburg Methodist College web site. (Submitted on November 5, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
2. Spartanburg Methodist College. Spartanburg Methodist College is a private, two-year institution of higher learning, or junior college, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. (Submitted on November 5, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Twentieth Century Sketches: Rev. David E. Camak. (Submitted on November 5, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
4. Last Day Healing & Deliverance Center. Information about the congregation currently occupying Duncan (Submitted on December 16, 2008, by Yolanda Lipscomb of Spartanburg, South Carolina.)
1. Spartanburg Methodist College
For more information on Spartanburg Methodist College, try reading Common Ties: A History of Textile Industrial Institute, Spartanburg Junior College and Spartanburg Methodist College by Katherine Cann.
— Submitted November 4, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 4, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 993 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 4, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.