3012 Minnehaha Avenue South: Lauritzen Wagon and Blacksmith Shop
The Museum in the Streets: Minneapolis, Minnesota
— 27th and Lake: Industry and Transportation Infrastructure —
Martinus Nelson construyó aquí su herrería en 1888. Prestaba servicios a caballos y carretas que mantenían las granjas lecheras de la zona. Inmigrante danés Christian Lauritzen asumió el cargo del negocio en 1898. El negocio prosperó en la cresciente comunidad, y en 1904 Lauritzen construyó un local más sustancioso con fachada de ladrillo. Cinco años más tarde mudó a su familia (su mujer
This panel is sponsored by the Longfellow Community Council and Blue Construction
Erected 2012 by Lake Street Council. (Marker Number 5.)
Location. 44° 56.883′ N, 93° 14.031′ W. Marker is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in Hennepin County. Marker is on Minnehaha Avenue near E. Lake Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2613 E Lake Street, Minneapolis MN 55407, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 3010 Minnehaha Avenue South: Fire Station No. 21 (a few steps from this marker); Longfellow School (within shouting distance of this marker); 2701 East Lake: International Order of Odd Fellows (within shouting distance of this marker); 2629 East Lake: Minnehaha Grill (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 2721-23 East Lake: Lake Theater (about 500 feet away); Snelling Avenue: African American Community (about 600 feet away); 2730 East 31st Street: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (about 700 feet away); Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Minneapolis.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for 3012 Minnehaha Avenue South: Lauritzen Wagon and Blacksmith Shop.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 27, 2019, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on May 27, 2019, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. 2. submitted on June 8, 2019, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.