Glenwillow in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Village of Glenwillow
Erected 2002 by the Village of Glenwillow and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 36-18.)
Marker series. Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 21.408′ N, 81° 28.02′ W. Marker is in Glenwillow, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Pettibone Road east of Austin Powder Drive, on the right when traveling east. It is at Pettibone Park, across the tracks from the former Glenwillow depot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29810 Pettybone Rd, Solon OH 44139, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Solon Town Center (approx. 2.7 miles away); Twinsburgh Civil War Memorial (approx. 3.4 miles away); First Congregational Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); "Eisenhower" Green Ash Tree (approx. 3.4 miles away); Twinsburg World War II - Korea - Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 3.4 miles away); Twinsburg World War Memorial (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Wilcox Twins (approx. 3.4 miles away); Locust Grove Cemetery Vault (approx. 3½ miles away).
1. Passenger Train Service to this Depot
The 1925 timetable shows six passenger trains stopping at this station every day. It is listed as Falls Junction on the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railway Company’s Cleveland-Canton-Wheeling-Zanesville December timetable.
Trains to Cleveland stopped at 7 AM and 12:44 and
Trains from Cleveland stopped at 8:39 AM and 6:15 PM. The morning train continued to Canton and Brewster, where it split, with some cars headed for Wheeling and others for Zanesville. The evening train only went as far as Canton. An afternoon express train from Cleveland to Wheeling passed through around 4:30 but did not stop here.
Today these tracks are freight-only. In 1949 the Nickel Plate Road took over from the W&LE, then in 1964 it was the Norfolk and Western Railway. In 1990 a new railroad company took the original W&LE name and these tracks again belong to the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railway.
— Submitted May 29, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.
More. Search the internet for The Village of Glenwillow.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 28, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.