Tadmor - Taylorsville
The Historic National Road in Ohio
The catastrophic 1913 flood resulted in the in the construction of a series of flood control dams on the Miami River. Tadmor was finally abandoned when the Miami Conservancy constructed the Taylorsville Dam nearby, routing the National Road across the top of the dam.
Erected 2010 by Five Rivers Metro Park.
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Historic National Road marker series.
Location. 39° 52.635′ N, 84° 10.163′ W. Marker is in Vandalia, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taylorsville (approx. half a mile away); The Village of Tadmor / The National Road (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Crossroads of America (approx. 1.9 miles away); Phoneton (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Phoneton (approx. 2½ miles away); Joseph Calvin Paul Memorial Boulevard (approx. 2½ miles away); St Paul Lutheran Church Dog Leg Road, Dayton (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Old National Road (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vandalia.
Additional keywords. Old National Road, Miami and Erie Canal, the Miami Consercancy
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 219 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on June 13, 2019, by J. Wesley Baker of Springfield, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.