Decatur in Wise County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Wise County Courthouse
Erected, 1895. Of pink Texas granite, with interior of Vermont marble. Has been called architecturally perfect. Has commanding height of 1,112'.
Bonded cost paid in full April 10, 1945. Modernized 1960.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places - 1976
Erected 1964 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5874.)
Location. 33° 14.071′ N, 97° 35.221′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Texas, in Wise County. Marker is at the intersection of North State Street and West Walnut Street (Business U.S. 81), on the right when traveling north on North State Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 North Trinity Street, Decatur TX 76234, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel Absalom Bishop (here, next to this marker); Captain George W. Stevens (within shouting distance of this marker); Randolph Vesey Wise County C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Vernon Terrell (within shouting distance of this marker); Wise County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Wise County Messenger (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First National Bank of Decatur (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Wise County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 19, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 19, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 53 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 19, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.