Woodstock in Carleton County, New Brunswick — The Canadian Atlantic
Hon. Charles Connell House/La maison Charles Connell
128 Connell Street/128, rue Connell
Built in 1839 for Hon. Charles Connell. It represents the peak of classicism in Woodstock architecture. It is Greek Revival, its essence being the Greek Temple look. Wood is used here to imitate stone. Purchased by the Carleton County Historical Society in 1975 it houses their archives, artifacts and office.
Location. 46° 9.043′ N, 67° 34.508′ W. Marker is in Woodstock, New Brunswick, in Carleton County. Marker is on Connell Street (New Brunswick Route 550), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodstock, New Brunswick E7M 1K7, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Connell House/Maison Connell (here, next to this marker); George Connell House/Maison George Connell Hay House/La maison Hay (within shouting distance of this marker); 3rd Field Artillery Regiment, RCA (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Judge Jones House / Maison du Juge Jones (about 120 meters away); Saint James United Church / Église unie Saint James (about 150 meters away); Carlisle Hotel / Hôtel Carlisle (about 150 meters away); Dr. Brown House / Maison du Dr. Brown (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodstock.
Categories. • Architecture •
More. Search the internet for Hon. Charles Connell House/La maison Charles Connell.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.