The Ragland Clinic-Hospital expanded several times. The first expansion (1935) included nine additional hospital rooms and beds. In the second (1946), the Raglands added a new north wing with upstairs rooms, a dietary kitchen and a pharmacy. A 1953 expansion added more bedrooms
Erected 2010 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 16516.)
Location. 32° 43.851′ N, 94° 56.719′ W. Marker is in Gilmer, Texas, in Upshur County. Marker is on West Cass Street near Davis Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 West Cass Street, Gilmer TX 75644, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance First Baptist Church of Gilmer (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1925 Gilmer Post Office (about 700 feet away); Upshur County, C. S. A. / Emma Sampson Johnson (about 700 feet away); Cherokee Trace (about 800 feet away); Sam Houston Spoke Here (about 800 feet away); C.S.A. Leather Factories (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Gilmer Mirror" (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Gilmer (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gilmer.
Also see . . . Gilmer Mirror article on dedication of marker. (Submitted on September 11, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Science & Medicine •
More. Search the internet for Ragland Clinic-Hospital.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 11, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.