Kingston in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Surrender of Confederate Troops
During final negotiations, Gen. Wofford's h'dq'rs were at the McCravey - Johnson res. on Church St. Gen. Judah's h'dq'rs were at Spring Bank, the home of the Rev. Charles Wallace Howard, 2 mi. N. of Kingston. Rations were supplied to the Confederate soldiery by the Federal Commissary.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 008-36.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 14.117′ N, 84° 56.61′ W. Marker is in Kingston, Georgia, in Bartow County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling east on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kingston GA 30145, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kingston Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sherman’s March to the Sea (about Nellie Margaret Harris Applin (about 700 feet away); Original Hospital Site of Wayside Home (about 700 feet away); Confederate Memorial Day (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Andrews Raiders at Kingston (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rome Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); House - Site Thomas V. B. Hargis (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingston.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,634 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.