Ludowici in Long County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 091-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 42.457′ N, 81° 44.486′ W. Marker is in Ludowici, Georgia, in Long County. Marker is on MacDonald Street. Touch for map. the Courthouse in Ludowici. Marker is in this post office area: Ludowici GA 31316, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Long County Timeline Mural (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 1.8 miles away); Old Barrington Road Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away); Jones Creek Baptist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); Doctortown (approx. 6.7 miles away); Walthourville Baptist Church (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludowici.
Also see . . . Long County. New Georgia Encyclopedia, " On August 14, 1920, the state legislature proposed a constitutional amendment to create Long County from Liberty County, one of the original eight Georgia counties established in 1777 from the colonial parishes." (Submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • 20th Century • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 835 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.