San Andreas in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Restaurant in Town
Another marker, also attached to the front of the building reads:
Erected in 1852, this building was used as a hotel for many years.
In 1937 it was purchased and restored by Mr. and Mrs. Désiré Fricot of Fricot City and donated to the County of Calaveras to be used as a county library, museum and chamber of commerce.
Erected 2000 by Calaveras County Historical Society.
Location. 38° 11.821′ N, 120° 40.836′ W. Marker is in San Andreas, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on North Main Street near Court Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 46 North Main Street, San Andreas CA 95249, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. San Andreas (about 300 The Red Barn (approx. one mile away); Calaveras County Hospital Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 1½ miles away); Chili Gulch (approx. 1.7 miles away); Double Springs (approx. 3.4 miles away); Attempted Stage Robbery (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Costa Store (approx. 4½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Andreas.
More about this marker. Marker is between the two larger middle doors.
Regarding First Restaurant in Town. The building served as the county library until 1996, and now houses the Calaveras County Archives. Note the construction date on the right most marker is at odds with the newer marker placed by the Calaveras County Historical Society in 2000.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,170 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 11, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.