Piqua in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
City of Piqua, Ohio
—1915 - 2005 —
Dedicated to the Piqua victims of the 1913 Flood
Erected 2005 by City of Piqua.
Location. 40° 8.724′ N, 84° 14.345′ W. Marker is in Piqua, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of Wood Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling east on Wood Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Piqua OH 45356, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Main Street (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Public Square (about 500 feet away); The 1913 Flood (about 500 feet away); The Village of Huntersville (about 600 feet away); Vice Admiral Stephen Clegg Rowan Lock Nine (about 700 feet away); Lock Nine Riverfront Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Mills Brothers (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Piqua.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. The Flood of 1913.
Categories. • 20th Century • Bridges & Viaducts • Disasters • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 24, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,441 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on March 24, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.