Greenwood in Greenwood County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
the Greenwood Beautification
Commission with contributions
from individual, businesses,
civic groups and city funds
Dedicated September 18, 1864
Mrs. George A. Byrd, Chairman
Mrs. J.G. Jenkins, Vice-Chairman
Mrs. Paul Baker, Secretary
Thomas H. Maxwell, Jr., Mrs. Bruce Barksdale
Dr. H.B. Odom, Mrs. Robert May
Col. E.R. Rosenberg, Mrs. Allston Calhoun
W.L. Leary, Mayor
Ernest Carpenter, Nevit Johnson
Wilbur Crawford, John Shannon
Melvin Dickert, Jack Taylor
Erected 1964 by Greenwood Beautification Commission.
Location. 34° 11.333′ N, 82° 9.635′ W. Marker is in Greenwood, South Carolina, in Greenwood County. Marker is at the intersection of Long Street and West Court Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Long Street. Touch for map. Marker is located on the north side of the fountain. Marker is in this post office area: Greenwood SC 29646, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Textile Workers Monument (about 300 feet away, World War Memorial (about 300 feet away); Marshal Ferdinand Foch (about 400 feet away); In God We Trust (about 600 feet away); To The People of Greenwood County (about 600 feet away); Greenwood County Confederate Monument (about 800 feet away); Greenwood SC Memorial Marker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Magnolia Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mount Pisgah A.M.E. Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenwood.
Categories. • Landmarks • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 645 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.