Prescott in Yavapai County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
In 1932 the Eagle Drug Store, formerly Brisley's opened a lunch counter, where many local girls waitressed their way through high school. The Eagle served as the crossroads of the community and the place to hear all of the local news. The lunch counter closed in 1974 after serving thousands of 5 cent cups of "the best coffee in town."
Erected by Historic Preservation Fund and the City of Prescott.
Location. 34° 32.511′ N, 112° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Prescott AZ 86301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Territorial Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); The Bank of Arizona and the Electric Buildings (within shouting distance of this marker); Prescott National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Knights of Pythias Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Solon Hannibal Borglum America's First Cowboy Sculptor (within shouting distance of this marker); Plaza Bandstand (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Head Hotel (about 300 feet away); Bashford Burmister Company (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prescott.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 27, 2009, by Joseph Cavinato of Fountain Hills, Arizona. This page has been viewed 936 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2009, by Joseph Cavinato of Fountain Hills, Arizona. 3. submitted on June 27, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.