Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Walter Bernard Hill Hall
Erected 2001 by Georgia Historical Society and the Savannah State University National Alumni Association. (Marker Number 25-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 1.372′ N, 81° 3.451′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is on Felix J. Alexis Circle 0.1 miles east of South Tompkins Road, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31404, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Savannah State College (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Roger Lacy (Lacey) (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mercer Auto Camp (approx. 1.2 miles away); The History of Victor B. Jenkins Jr. Memorial Boys Club (approx. 1.6 miles away); Fred Wessels, Senior (approx. 1.7 miles away); Colonials at Bonaventure (approx. 1.8 miles away); Isle of Hope (approx. 2 miles away); American Grand Prize Races (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Regarding Walter Bernard Hill Hall. Walter Bernard Hill Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.
National Register of Historic Places:
Hill Hall at Savannah State College ** (added 1981 - Building - #81000197)
Savannah State College campus, Savannah •
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown •
Architectural Style: Classical Revival •
Area of Significance: Education, Architecture •
Period of Significance: 1900-1924 •
Historic Function: Domestic, Education •
— Submitted August 2, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Categories. • 20th Century • African Americans • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,117 times since then and 37 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 29, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?