Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Peter L. Traver Building
Erected 1950 by Chispa Parlor #39 Native Sons of the Golden West & Ruby Parlor #46 Native Daughters of the Golden West. (Marker Number 466.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 8.268′ N, 120° 27.906′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 470 Main Street, Murphys CA 95247, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thompson Building (here, next to this marker); Murphys Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Old Sperry Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Jones Apothecary – Cheap Cash Store (a few steps from this marker); Maj. James D. Savage (within shouting distance of this marker); John Murphy E Clampus Vitus (within shouting distance of this marker); William Gordon Huff (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Murphys.
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 1,903 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 26, 2010, by Frank Houdek of Kingman, Arizona. 2, 3. submitted on September 20, 2007, by Mathew H. Kohnen of San Jose, California. 4. submitted on June 21, 2014, by Mia Kostouros of Los Banos, California. 5. submitted on February 5, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.