Florence in Pinal County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
E.N. Fish & Co. Store
Building additions from 1867 to 1888 formed a U-shaped complex, and portions of these buildings are the oldest in Florence. Wood-shingled, and later metal, gabled roofs updated these Sonoran adobe structures. The buildings housed the second Wells Fargo office and the San Carlos Hotel, which operated into the 1920's. Recent modifications serve as residential units.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places
Erected 1986 by Town of Florence and Arizona Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arizona, Historic Florence Walking Tour marker series.
Location. 33° 2.15′ N, 111° 23.32′ W. Marker is in Florence, Arizona, in Pinal County. Marker is on North Quartz Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 420 North Quartz Street, Florence AZ 85132, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Levi Ruggles Founder of Florence (within shouting distance of this marker); George A. Brown House (within shouting distance of this marker); Granville Wheat Outbuilding (within shouting distance of this marker); First Pinal County Courthouse (was about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported missing. ); Ross/Fryer – Cushman Residence (about 300 feet away); Silver King Florence Hotel (about 300 feet away); E. N. Fish & Co. Store (about 400 feet away); Charles Rapp Saloon (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
Regarding E.N. Fish & Co. Store. This site is #7 on the self-guided Historic Florence Walking Tour.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,096 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.