Florence in Pinal County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
E. N. Fish & Co. Store
Closely resembling its original appearance, except for the exterior plaster, the building also housed the telegraph office, and in 1898 contained hotel rooms, an office, a saloon, dining room, kitchen and wagon shed. Later used for apartment units until converted into American Legion Post headquarters in 1944.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places.
Erected 1986 by Town of Florence and Arizona Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arizona, Historic Florence Walking Tour marker series.
Location. 33° 2.131′ N, 111° 23.241′ W. Marker is in Florence, Arizona, in Pinal County. Marker is on North Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Silver King Florence Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Rapp Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); First Pinal County Courthouse (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing. ); Ross/Fryer – Cushman Residence (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mauk Building (about 300 feet away); W.C. Smith/Rittenouse/Arriola's Cosmopolitan Store (about 300 feet away); Jesus Martinez House (about 400 feet away); E.N. Fish & Co. Store (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
Regarding E. N. Fish & Co. Store. This site is #10 on the self-guided Historic Florence Walking Tour.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 805 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.