Birmingham in Jefferson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
2834 Highland Avenue
The Jordan home was sold in 1928 and was restored to its original condition in 1969. A fine example of neo-classic architecture, the house features a wide portico with four Ionic columns and elaborate dentil work on the pediment.
Erected 1997 by Alabama Historical
Location. 33° 30.372′ N, 86° 46.974′ W. Marker is in Birmingham, Alabama, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Highland Avenue South, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2834 Highland Avenue South, Birmingham AL 35205, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Donnelly House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Coe House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); A.B. Loveman House (about 600 feet away); Independent Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Little Theater Clark Memorial Theatre Virginia Samford Theatre (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Vincent’s Hospital (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of the First Alabama - Auburn Football Game (approx. 0.4 miles away); Redmont Park Historic District (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Birmingham.
Categories. • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 2,341 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.