Butler in Taylor County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First officers of Taylor County, commissioned July 24, 1852 were: J.M. Thompson, Sheriff; J.M. McCants, Clerk Sup. Ct.; James T. Harmon, Clerk Inf. Ct.; A. Rhodes, Tax Rec.; Charles Loyd, Tax Col; J.B. Hamilton, Ordinary; C. Stewart, Coroner; Jonathan Stewart, Surveyor.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 133-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 33.429′ N, 84° 14.271′ W. Marker is in Butler, Georgia, in Taylor County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (Georgia Route 137) and South Broad Street (U.S. 19) when traveling east on West Main Street. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Taylor County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Butler GA 31006, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Tuscaloosa Formation (approx. 5.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 7.6 miles away); The Wire Road (approx. 7.8 miles away); Taylor County Rural Electric Cooperative (approx. 8.6 miles away); Gen. John B. Gordon (approx. 9.7 miles away); Old Federal Road (approx. 10.3 miles away); Creek Agency - Old Agency (approx. 11.7 miles away); Auchumpkee Creek Bridge (approx. 13.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Butler.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions • War, Mexican-American •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 813 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 6, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.