Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Caldersburgh Pearl -2001
The Caldersburgh Pearl was dedicated in 2001 as a full-sized replica of a three-cabin canal freighter (65' x 14'). The name Caldersburgh Pearl has special significance to Roscoe's past. Caldersburgh was the name of the original community (early Roscoe), founded in 1816. Pearl was the first name of a local canal boat captain, Pearl R. Nye (1872-1950).
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
Location. 40° 16.649′ N, 81° 52.629′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is about 100 feet SW of the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum in historic Roscoe Village. Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James Taylor House (Reconstructed) - 1971 (within shouting distance of this marker); 24 Star Flag (within shouting distance of this marker); Daniel Boyd House - c.1825 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wilson Jacob House - c.1890 (about 400 feet away); Dr. Maro Johnson's House - c.1833 Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 (about 500 feet away); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 (about 500 feet away); William Roscoe Building - 1840 (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
Also see . . . Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Additional keywords. Ohio and Erie Canal
Categories. • Communications • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 548 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.