Clayton in Rabun County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 119-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 52.72′ N, 83° 24.171′ W. Marker is in Clayton, Georgia, in Rabun County. Marker is on West Savannah Street (U.S. 76) 0 miles west of North Church Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker stands on the square in front of the Rabun County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Clayton GA 30525, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert H. “Bob” Vickers 1908 - 1984 (a few steps Rabun County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Rabun County War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); The Rabun County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Rabun County Korean War Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Bartram Trail (approx. 2.9 miles away); York House Inn (approx. 4.2 miles away); Brig·Gen·Francis·S·Bartow·C·S·A· (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clayton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Education • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 833 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 26, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4, 5. submitted on June 17, 2012, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.