Broadalbin in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1939 by State Education Department.
Location. 43° 8.735′ N, 74° 7.82′ W. Marker is in Broadalbin, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route 110 and Route 109 on County Route 110. Touch for map. As you enter the Fish House Hamlet, this marker is on the north side of Route 110 and west of the intersection of 109 and 110. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1477 Co Rt. 110, Broadalbin NY 12025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Fish House" (a few steps from this marker); Covered Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); St John House (within shouting distance of this marker); Shew's Hill (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Godfrey Shew Hans' Creek (approx. 1.8 miles away); Sacandaga Pike (approx. 1.9 miles away); Frenchmans Creek (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Broadalbin.
More about this marker. The old Marvin Home was one of the community's older homes. David Marvin was a Revolutionary War soldier and one of the early settlers of old Fish House; after the war he settled here from Connecticut. David is buried in the old Presbyterian Church Grave Yard in the hamlet of Fish House. The Marvin Home survived the flooding of the Great Sacandaga Reservoir and was moved to this later location in 1929. This old home was left-in-tack until 1996, when it was purposely burned to the ground. This caused concern in the neighborhood and a special meeting was held to see if the rest of the old homes here could be protected. Dr. Marvin's office is a small brick structure used today as a summer camp and located just up the road from this marker.
Lewis G. Decker, Fulton County Historian
Additional keywords. Marvin, Sir William Johnson, Edinburg, New York, Sacandaga
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 20, 2010, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York. This page has been viewed 863 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on June 4, 2010, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. Photos: 1. submitted on June 4, 2010, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. 2. submitted on May 20, 2010, by ELizabeth Emery of Gloversville, New York. 3. submitted on June 4, 2010, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.